Fairview Sailing Update
We understand that the Coronavirus may be causing some uncertainty when booking or planning travel plans for this year and beyond. To help our customers continue to enjoy the finer side of UK sailing, we have updated our booking terms and conditions.
Firstly we are following government guidelines to reduce the risk of spreading the virus on our yachts and in our offices.
The health and well being of our customers and staff are paramount. Our COVID-19 measures have been designed with the recommendations set out by the World Health Organisation (WHO) and ECDC. It minimises contact with our staff while ensuring you have all you need for an enjoyable visit.
Our base offices
- Disinfected at the end of every working day
- Regular disinfecting of office surfaces throughout the day
- Contactless payment preferred
- Contact with our staff will be limited and the reception process will be conducted in the open whenever possible.
Our base staff
- Wear masks when in contact with guests
- Observe social distancing guidelines (2m apart)
- Regular hand disinfection and hand washing.
Boat cleaning process
- Fogging with ecologically friendly formula and disinfecting of the interior after return of each charter and before cleaning staff enter the boat, as outlined by WHO and ECDC
- Disinfecting of all inside surfaces with disinfectant
- Finally, we disinfect the boat exterior.
Check in and check out processes
- Only one guest(skipper) will be allowed in the office (procedures will be conducted outside wherever possible)
- Guests will be asked to sanitise their hands
- For check out, only the skipper can take part in the technical briefing with one of our base team (wearing a face mask and gloves), observing social distancing guidelines. The rest of the crew need to observe social distancing guidelines
- For check in, only the skipper is allowed to be on the pontoon – the rest of the crew need to observe social distancing guidelines.
- Guests will be provided with local emergency numbers
- Each starter pack includes 1x 0.5L bottle of alcohol-based disinfecting agent suitable for hands and surfaces.
Frequently asked questions – booking with Fairview
I am planning on booking a charter with Fairview Sailing during 2021. What are my options?
For any future bookings made with Fairview Sailing from the date of this advisory notice (Monday 11th January 2021), customers can change the date of your charter without penalty for up to three months after the date of your booking.
I have already booked a charter with Fairview Sailing for departure during 2021. What are my options?
If you have already booked a charter with Fairview Sailing for departure this year, and you are not able to take your charter due to government restrictions then please call us to discuss your options, but also refer to your travel Insurance for details.
We will continue to monitor the situation closely and will adhere to any Government advisories, as and when they are announced. Please contact us if you have any further questions.